Wednesday, July 2, 2008

All Alone - Monday 30 June



Oh well, the kids are in school, Deb's at work I've taken the dog for a walk it's 12:00 and I can't put it off any longer - it's time to go solo. First problem, how do you carry a fork on a bicycle? With difficulty!! Thought I'd get some more digging done (see photo's) so I started work on the section just up from the broad bean plants (we did in front yesterday). After a couple of hours got this turned over, nicked a chair from the allotment next door and sat down to enjoy a well deserved beer. Whilst sitting George happened along and we got chatting. Seems he had a very interesting job before he retired designing machine parts. Anyway he gave me some tips which I'm desperately trying to remember and we chewed the fat (as the yanks would say) for awhile. Left at about 03:15 to be home in time to take Hannah to the doctors.

No comments: